Handy Firewood Guide and Tips.
The fall season is right on our doorstep and winter is not far behind. So, it's time to make sure our firewood supply is covered and ready to use.
Whether you burn wood in a fireplace, stove or furnace, good quality firewood is key to convenience, efficiency and safety. Wet wood and odd shaped pieces that don't fit well in your wood burner can be frustrating, burn inefficiently and leave excess creosote that can cause a dangerous chimney fire. Good planning, seasoning and storage of the firewood supply are essential to successful wood burning.
Get ready for Winter, check out these Related Articles:
Check out the chart and website below. Woodheat.org is an authority on firewood selection and best use practices. It basically contains everything you ever wanted to know about firewood and more. It discusses:
- Why firewood is a good heat choice.
- How to find a good deal when buying firewood.
- How to split wood properly and how to protect your back.
- How to stack and store firewood effectively.
- Discusses effective woodshed designs and a selection of different ideas.
Even seasoned woodsmen (and women) can usually learn something from this site.
All these things and more are discussed at woodheat.org. Check it out!
Image 1 source
Image 2 source
Image 3 source